Meet Our Governors
Our school’s Board of Governors have a vital role in running our school.
We have a combination of parent, staff, community and Local Authority appointed Governors. Each uses their skill set to support the Governing Body’s work.
- 2 Parent Governors; Ian Coumbe & James Backhouse
- 2 Staff Governors; Jen Bushell (Headteacher) and Michaela Johnson
- 1 LA Governor; Dave Mitchell
- 6 Co-opted Governors; John Hughes (Chair), Lynne Dekker (Vice Chair), Claire Hindley, Mark Jones, Christine Havard, VACANCY.
We are always looking for more potential Governors for the future success of our Governing Body, especially Co-opted Governors. If you are interested in becoming a Co-opted Governor or would like any more information please contact the Chair via the school office.
The Board of Governors have three main core elements of their work. They are:
- Setting the vision and strategic direction of the school
- To be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher
- Ensuring financial resources are well spent
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Governing Board.
If you wish to contact the Board of Governors you can:
- e-mail the school office: email@example.com.
- write to the Chair of Governors (via the school office).