PE & Sport
Purpose of PE and Sport Premium:
The Department for Education confirmed that the additional funding to improve the provision of PE and Sport in schools will continue, at £320 million for the 2020/21 academic year. Raeburn Primary School has been allocated £19,610 for the year 2020-2021. We also have an additional £7,821.23 to carry forward from the 2019-20 academic year that could not be used due to Covid-19.This brings our total amount for the year to £27,431.23
See Raeburn Primary School’s latest update of what is happening with the money by downloading the pdf files below
PE & Sport Plans/Update Reports
The School Games Mark is a Government led award scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. We are proud to have been awarded the ‘Gold’ mark, the highest accolade, for the 2018/19 academic year. We are working hard to ensure we receive another Gold award for 2019-2020!
We are proud to announce that Wirral School Games awarded Raeburn with the Virtual School Games mark 2019/20 for our commitment to promoting active and healthy lifestyles at home and in school during the Summer term. Due to Covid-19, the official School Games marks could not be awarded, however we are over the moon that Wirral School Games recognised our continued hard-work and commitment to sport throughout the Autumn and Spring terms and awarded us with the ‘School Recognition Certificate’ for 2019/20. Find our certificates below!
Our termly newsletters will be uploaded here at the end of each term.
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter at @raeburnprimary for up-to-date and instant news about our sporting success!
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres = 92%
- Use a range of strokes effectively = 89%
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations = 91%
- Overall % achieved NC standard for swimming = 89%
At Raeburn, swimming is taught in 2 week blocks to children in Years 3, 4 and 5. We also use our PE Premium to provide additional top-up swimming lessons to pupils who have not been able to meet the 3 national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety – after the delivery of core swimming and water safety lessons.
Children are working towards the following awards.
Dates for 2020/21:
- AUTUMN TERM:w/b 21stand 28th September
- SPRING TERM:w/b 4thJanuary and 11th January
- SUMMER TERM:w/b 17thMay and 24th May
For the health and safety of all, please can you ensure that your child is correctly prepared for P.E. lessons.
- Long hair needs to be tied back (boys and girls). It is suggested that they keep spare bobbles in their kit bag, as school can only provide them with an elastic band.
- Jewellery and watches should not be worn. Necklaces, friendship bracelets and earrings need to be removed. In the case of studs that cannot be removed, please provide Micropore tape or similar to cover them.
- Fitbits, or any fitness tracker watches, must also be removed for PE lessons.
- Girls will be expected to remove tights for P.E. and Games lessons. They should keep a few pairs of socks in their kit bag if required.
- For indoor PE, children are asked to wear navy shorts, a white t-shirt and pumps (or bare feet). For outdoor PE, children can wear dark tracksuit bottoms and trainers.
Starting in September 2020, and until further notice, children will be expected to come into school in their PE kits on their PE days, therefore please take a note of your child’s PE days.
Before, during and after school club timetables will be uploaded here each term. Letters will be sent out by the teacher in charge of each activity. Copies of letters will also be kept in the School Office.
2020/21 clubs coming soon…
We are excited to be the new ‘Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies’ Ambassadors for 2019/20. Our aims are:
- Be the youth voice for emotional and physical wellbeing in our school and community
- Promote the positive values of sport and emotional wellbeing
- Be a role model and champion for PE and school sport and Mindfulness
- Increase participation opportunities and healthy lifestyles for everyone
error: Content is protected !!